*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/864347-a-weary-rant-and-practice-in-futility
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #388967
Daily notes and timed freewrites but mostly my blog
#864347 added October 28, 2015 at 3:38am
Restrictions: None
a weary rant and practice in futility
I am tired tonight, but restless enough to find myself here. Don't know if I will say anything worth sharing, other than, what I just now said *Think*

Diversity...this is a very important word in regards to the survival of all life all over the world. Monospeciation (the antithesis to diversity: mono=single; speciation=species) leads to whole populations of flora and fauna endangered by disease to the point of being completely wiped out.

Think about the implications of the above statement. Then relate it to the Department of Agriculture's policies of dictating what a farmer in the USA is allowed to grow on his own property to the point of dictating the seed that farmer is allowed to buy. For instance, the DoA doesn't just say, You will receive subsidies if you grow only wheat this year...instead they say, Grow Project XYZ221 Wheat this year, to stay in business. Very disturbing trend that has been going on since before the Great Dust Bowl, but culminated in the catastrophe we know as the the Great Dust Bowl migrations.

Personally, I prefer to grow my private garden and collect and regrow my heirloom seed in all it's diverse variety. For instance, I would plant organic and more than one variety of each vegetable in close proximity then replant the seed to maintain the diversity year after year. I would eat healthier from my garden than those who buy the bread made from XYZ221 wheat because I wouldn't need insecticides and other numerous "cides" to keep my crops from disease and insect infestations. My diverse crop also yields greater percentages of nutritional value because my body enjoys the natural non-GMOness of what I've grown. When will the masses fully realize that the policies of Government regarding commercial farming is killing them.



© Copyright 2015 DyrHearte writes (UN: dyrhearte at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
DyrHearte writes has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/864347-a-weary-rant-and-practice-in-futility