*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/864685-assignment-25-revise-ideapremise
Rated: 13+ · Book · Romance/Love · #2059771
ASSIGNMENTS FOR NANO PREP
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#864685 added October 31, 2015 at 3:08pm
Restrictions: None
assignment 25: revise idea/premise
Saturday, Oct. 31
Required: Idea/Premise Revision ▼

Now that you have spent a month planning your novel, revise your initial premise. Identify the following:
(1) Protagonist(s). Who is(are) your main character(s)?
(2) Goal(s). What do they want?
(3) Conflict. What is keeping them from their goal?
(4) Antagonist(s). Who(what) is creating the conflict?
(5) Theme: What is the theme or moral of the story? (If applicable.)

Bonus: Workspace Preparation OR Procrastination List ▼

Workspace Prep: Plan out where you will work, what computer you will use, and what supplies you will need. Create a music playlist, if applicable.
Procrastination List: Write a list of all the things you tend to do to procrastinate and establish a writing schedule for the month of November.


Required: Warren Thomas Miller’s goals have not changed. My story is about the journey, the creation of boldness and forgiveness. The only thing keeping Warren from his goal is an unresolved past experience. It is only when he is willing to forgive and be forgiven can he reach the goal that has eluded him for the past ten years.
Laurie is creating the conflict because she is misreading the interactions. It is only when she lets go of her interpretations of past experiences and live in the here and now, that she can reach her own goals, and live her life on her own terms.
Too many of us live in the past and rely on those experiences to inform the present. That never works. Live in the here and now. Create a future worth living into, based solely on loving the life you were given.
Bonus: My workspace is a laptop with internet connection. All my needed files are on a flash drive. I walk around with my eyes open and a pen and paper readily available.
For instance: I went to the post office and saw a lady with a pair of twins in mummy Halloween attire. My first reaction was to ask about the new delights. The mother was thrilled to talk about her babies and it invited everyone else in line to chime in with their opines. That young mother and those twins with the gray eyes will go into a character file to use at will. I do not take my laptop to the post office, but I do take a notepad everywhere. Snippets of conversations, notations on the actions going with the spoken word all hit the database. This people watching habit and recording may be considered a procrastination practice, and maybe it is for this project. But some habits should not be changed even if it puts the must do off for a little longer.



signature of calalilly
~~Image #4000 Sharing Restricted~~

© Copyright 2015 Cheri Annemos (UN: cheri55422 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Cheri Annemos has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/864685-assignment-25-revise-ideapremise