*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/864704-Happy-Halloween
Rated: 13+ · Book · Family · #2058371
Musings on anything.
#864704 added October 31, 2015 at 5:36pm
Restrictions: None
Happy Halloween
         Boo!

         Mind you, I don't celebrate evil, or blood and gore, or suffering. But dressing up one time a year as some fantasy or something horrible is kind of fun. You have nothing to be scared of, and dressing that way shows you're not superstitions or scared of things that go bump in the night. And getting candy is great!

         Masquerade parties have always appealed to people. The nobles of Europe like to go to balls with masks and have people guess who they were. There's always a little of the child in us. Well, most of us.

         We don't get many trick or treaters, but I've got the candy ready just in case. I opened Starburst only to find out they were not individually wrapped packages. They look like candy corn, only with the "burst" of fruit flavor known to Starburst. I had to grab a bowl. Maybe it will keep my dad out of the chocolate until the tricking hour has passed.

         At church tomorrow, they will observe All Saints' Day, the day after "hallowed eve". They will have a candle lighting ceremony, one for each church member who died this past year, and each family who lost someone can add a candle. It's a very solemn service and helps the grieving and those who weren't so close to remember their lost as well.

         We fall back an hour tonight, too. And tomorrow starts the Christmas selling season! Oh yes. Already. Holiday greetings!

© Copyright 2015 Pumpkin (UN: heartburn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Pumpkin has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/864704-Happy-Halloween