*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/865072-Westerns-On-The-Web
Rated: 13+ · Book · Family · #2058371
Musings on anything.
#865072 added November 4, 2015 at 11:04pm
Restrictions: None
Westerns On The Web
         If you like old TV shows and movies, you can find many on Youtube. If you like westerns, find Westerns on the Web. You can choose by TV or movie, title, star, etc.You can watch for free and entire show without commercial interruption.

         This is worth it.You get a quality recording of something you may have watched as a kid, or something your grandparents watched. The great part is you can put it on pause to answer the phone or feed the dog without missing a thing. The very best part is "free". No fee, nothing to buy, no subscription necessary.

         I recommend Laramie. (I don't a lot of what's available in TV series.) Laramie stars the equally handsome John Smith and Robert Fuller. The story line is better than a lot of them. If you watch many of the shows, you find some details get mixed up. Writers didn't have Excel spreadsheets to help them keep track of names and relatives, etc. Writers also changed from season to season, or even within a season, so they didn't know what the other writer had done. This happened on many shows, not just westerns.

         If you have ever seen a modern soap opera for very long, the viewer really has to keep track. There the writers usually change things, not by accident, but on purpose to add drama. Like a brother who died, shows up again, or the one you thought was her mortal enemy turns out to be her birth mother. Laramie has a little family drama like that which is never explained. It sounds like a slip up. It's still a good show.

         I like to watch them to see the actors grow and develop. And they all made so many guest appearances. I had always pictured Charles Bronson as a big movie star. I guess that was later or he was just hard working like many others. He appeared on Laramie and The Virginian and probably many more. Leonard Nimoy was on both. William Shatner was on The Virginian twice. It's great fun to see them in the "old days".

© Copyright 2015 Pumpkin (UN: heartburn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Pumpkin has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/865072-Westerns-On-The-Web