*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
14
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/865218-Where-to-find-Good-Writers-WDC-of-course
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#865218 added November 5, 2015 at 11:19am
Restrictions: None
Where to find Good Writers? WDC of course
Pick three authors- two who have written books you've read, and one from WDC- and construct your idea of 'The Perfect Writer' compiled of your favorite traits of theirs.



Manx Cat from Japan



For me, this is an excruciating blog to analyze. I read approximately 9 to 10 books a month. I review 5 of them on “The Monthly Reading Challenge” in short, bare bones reviews.

So, I lose track of authors. I have read over the years so many really excellent writings.

1. One I go back to often is Laurie R. King.
Her story, “Folly” was the first book I read by King. Her stories are about adventurous women who have the gumption to live as if they own their souls. She has a new Russell story coming out in 2016.

After “Folly” I moved on to “Keeping Watch”. From there I found The Mary Russell Books. King’s writing is so straight forward. I am immersed and I feel the authors mind move while reading these stories. She lives the stories when she writes them. I live them when I read them.

2. Glenn Beck is a radio talk show host and is a presenter of information. I recently read one of his books “It Is About Islam.” In this book he presented one side of the ISIL drama. I think he presented it in a clear and understandable manuscript. It was an open warning that is presented in an honestly moving manner. He also writes fiction and has a lot of nonfiction books out there about lots of different subjects. Although I have only read one of his books so far, I will probably seek to read more of them.

3. WDC author: There are so many; Minja, "her ship stories" / Mrs. Brandiwyn, "Ice Storm" / Neva (prosperous snow) Blogs and poetry / Steve "Am I going Crazy?"

The Perfect Writer:

Is there really such a person? *Pthb* Writers intend to put across some idea. Good writing tells a story. A writer should use words the target audience will recognize and understand. The reader should want to finish reading the piece because of what is opening up in the writing.

Good writers use varied sentence sizes and good punctuation. Most writers use excellent writing rules so when you drift away from the rules it punctuates the piece you are writing, in order to make a point or bring out emotion. Sticking to one subject is important in an article, or chapter.

"Sanguine Tenacious Tidings" and the "30-Day Blogging Challenge was highlighted recently by a Comedy Newsletter. I always liked comedy. I agree with the group letter that comedy is just having a good time while you write. So, we do. *Laugh*















apondia#1781748



















apondia#1781748



















apondia#1781748






© Copyright 2015 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/865218-Where-to-find-Good-Writers-WDC-of-course