*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/865304-Big-Projects-and-Family-Roots---Nov-6th
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1197218
Reflections and ruminations from a modern day Alice - Life is Wonderland
#865304 added November 6, 2015 at 10:48am
Restrictions: None
Big Projects and Family Roots - Nov 6th
November 6th 2015

Blogging Circle Prompt: What is the hardest part of a big project: getting the energy to begin, finding the time to work on it, or feeling down that it's over? Especially those of you, who are doing NaNoWri

I am one of those closeted writers who have several novels sitting around in various stages of development. I am plagued by the curse of "never finding time". Between working full time, raising a daughter and running a household...finding time to do things for myself, like write or even exercise, is next to impossible some days. I anxiously await NaNo each year only to talk myself out of committing to it...its too easy to telly myself, "why start something you know you can never find time to do?" and so, each year it passes. I wouldn't trade my life for anything but it would nice to reach a point where I thought I could break out more "me time", outside the hours of Midnight to 2am, to work on something substantial. I did just finish my first children's book, a collaborate effort with a local non-profit group, that will be self-published and sold as a fundraiser for their Paws in the Classroom initiative. It felt good to complete something in the short window I was given, especially for a good cause. There may be hope for me after all!


Blog City Prompt:
What is one place you need to see to feel like your life is complete?


I used to travel extensively before my daughter was born, mostly for work but some leisure trips as well. I've ventured into Canada but never to the places where my family immigrated from in Quebec. I feel that I would very much like to go there one day, get a sense of where my people came from. my great grandmother and grandfather traveled to Southeastern New England when they were first married. My great grandmother in particular was a lovely and resilient woman, her singsong accent is a part of my childhood soundtrack that I fondly miss. In high school I had a boyfriend who used to joke that being French Canadian wasn't a real nationality but I know, we had some customs, recipes, pet words and expressions...all those things that give a family national character and identity. I would like to visit the old homesteads for myself one day, trace those lines back to their roots.


a new signature to celebrate publication
** Image ID #1774840 Unavailable **
Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

© Copyright 2015 MD Maurice (UN: maurice1054 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
MD Maurice has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/865304-Big-Projects-and-Family-Roots---Nov-6th