*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/865488-Where-Oh-Where-Has-My-Little-Dog-Gone
Rated: E · Book · Pets · #2045000
One Harley, six dogs. Life with our crazy canines.
#865488 added November 8, 2015 at 10:16pm
Restrictions: None
Where, Oh Where, Has My Little Dog Gone
We have reinstituted the use of the In and Out Board.

We have about an acre fenced off for the dogs, and a small three bedroom house.It was originally used when we had eight or ten big dogs, and we spend a lot of time asking each other questions like, "Where is Sparky?",. "Is Angel outside?", Did you let Pepperoni in?". So we bought this small dry erase board with magnets. We could easily change the status of any of the dogs from "in" to "out" or vice versa.

At some point, it fell into disuse. The big dogs had either passed or where old and easy to track, and we had just a few small dogs that mostly stayed in the house. Now, we have more small dogs, and they spend more time outside. This big yard and even the small house provides lots of nooks and crannies for these small dogs to hide. We started asking each other questions like, "Where's Tamale?", "Is Caramel outside?", and "Did you let Basil in?".

Sound familiar? Hence the reinstatement of the In and Out Board.
 ~

© Copyright 2015 GeminiGem of House Lannister (UN: geminigem at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
GeminiGem of House Lannister has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/865488-Where-Oh-Where-Has-My-Little-Dog-Gone