*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/860156-The-Bone-Collector
Rated: E · Book · Pets · #2045000
One Harley, six dogs. Life with our crazy canines.
#860156 added September 15, 2015 at 9:09pm
Restrictions: None
The Bone Collector
Cheddar is most definitely a beta male. If you aren't familiar with the term, it just means he's not the top dog, the alpha. I like living with true betas. They have no aspirations for being in charge, and they tend to get along with everyone. I also appreciate a true alpha, male or female. They know they are in charge, will always be in charge, and have nothing to prove. All the females in my pack are beta, but are actually alpha wannabes. These personalities are not truly alpha, not real leaders, but they think they'd like to be, so they have to convince everyone they should be. *Sigh.* I love them as I love all my dogs, but this personality type can wear on a person's patience sometimes.

Okay, that was not what I was going to blog about today. I don't even remember how I got on the subject of alpha and beta dogs. I was going to say that Cheddar has come a long way in the time he has lived with us, about three month. At first he didn't chew on any of the multitudes of bones we have in the house. Then he would secretly slip one bone out of the bone holders (most people call these cup holders, but ours have never held anything besides bones). Next thing I knew, he would have three or four bones at a time.

Last night he collected eight bones.
 ~

© Copyright 2015 GeminiGem of House Lannister (UN: geminigem at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
GeminiGem of House Lannister has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/860156-The-Bone-Collector