*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/865619-List-of-5-today
Rated: ASR · Book · Biographical · #1469467
Welcome to Whatsit's Wild World.
#865619 added November 9, 2015 at 2:15pm
Restrictions: None
List of 5 today
1. Today is Emily's 18th birthday! Wahoo! When I joined Writing.com, she was 9. We are taking her to eat tonight. All she wants is money, so that's what we are going to give her.

2. I bought my three small dogs some extra-large dog biscuits at the store this morning. That made me feel good to see how happy they were with their treat. I don't have toddlers any longer, so my dogs are my toddlers. Yes, I am one of those people.

3. The store was decorated for The-C-word, of course. I went up there the day after Halloween and that is what they were doing, putting all the decorations up. Up and down the street, at least all my neighbors have the decency to still have their Thanksgiving decorations up. I know we only have around three more weeks of that though: Thanksgiving afternoon, that will start changing. The Saturday after Thanksgiving, we can give it up.

4. I had a $100 bill to spend this morning and I kind of wanted to go get a bite of breakfast after I left the store. For some reason, I do better grocery shopping before breakfast, no idea why, it's just something I do. I decided I'd spend $95 at the store and save $5 for breakfast. I added up the prices as I added the things to my buggy, but you know that doesn't always work like you want it to. Sometimes I get distracted. This morning it was by a man who worked at the store telling another employee that his girlfriend found out he was cheating on her and he didn't know how since he didn't have the other woman's number saved in his phone. Oh brother, right? I digress, but that does happen to be what I got distracted by on this trip. I got up to the counter and told the cashier that I had $100 bill and that I could only spend $95 of it and to tell me when we got close. I had already decided what I could put back. It added up to $94.66 ! ! ! I was so excited that I was beside myself. I was so beside myself that there were almost two Mrs. Whatsits leaving the grocery store.

5. It's cold! Well, it wouldn't be cold by a lot of people's standards, but in Mississippi, anything that isn't sizzling hot is good. The main thing is that it's jacket weather and that's okay with me. We get so little cool weather here that I enjoy it when it comes. You might as well live in the Sahara Desert as to live in Mississippi in August.



© Copyright 2015 Mrs. Whatsit (UN: mrswhatsit at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Mrs. Whatsit has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/865619-List-of-5-today