*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
4
6
10
11
12
13
14
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/865946-HOLY-SCHNEEFLOCKEN
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#865946 added November 11, 2015 at 9:44pm
Restrictions: None
HOLY SCHNEEFLOCKEN!
         PROMPT: Convince us the Universe wants us to pay attention. Interpret 'the universe' any way you like.
          In my world, a rural village situated about the middle of my Canadian province of Ontario, the weather seems to be a little 'off'. Usually in November it's at least chilly with perceptible frost, if not slight sprinkles of snow .Often,in the past, we've already weathered a blizzard or two. Locals have their winter gear ready; toques, scarves, mitts, parkas, and thigh-high boots. Snow shovels lean against door frames; silent, vigilant sentinels. Vehicles have been forced onto nobby, snow tires. Car trunks have been stocked with extra windshield washer fluid and ice scrapers are tucked behind the front seats. We are primed to expect, dare I say, anticipate snow, but so far it's a no-show. Suspiciously, the skies have, for the most part, been a brilliant blue clear of clouds. Strangely, the sunshine has been warm and soothing. What is going on here? This is Canada. At no time of the year is it prudent to leave home without a jacket. How can it be so mild that one isn't needed now?
          I'm no weather expert, but I think we experienced a 'normal' autumn. Like past falls, the trees were glorious in their reds, yellows, and oranges. I futilely raked leaves. But, wait a minute, trick-or-treaters did not have to bundle up this year. Something was definitely 'off'. Come to think of it, the Canada geese are still swimming on the nearby lake instead of practising flying formations and take-offs/water landings. They're not concerned with a 'vee', they just want to be.
          Holy schneeflocken! Where is the neige? ( 'schneeflocken': german for snowflakes and 'neige': French for snow)

© Copyright 2015 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/865946-HOLY-SCHNEEFLOCKEN