*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/866272-India-is-turning-intolerant
Rated: ASR · Book · Cultural · #2015972
I have tried to summarize my observation with vivid and simple manner.
#866272 added November 16, 2015 at 6:01am
Restrictions: None
India is turning intolerant..
Try holding a loud ‘jaagran’ well into the night in a residential area in London, as you do in Delhi and the authorities will tell you what intolerance is.
Try blocking the roads to traffic for the Friday namaaz in New York, as you do in Gurgaon and the authorities will tell you what intolerance is.
Try calling the Chinese Premier in Beijing, all the names that you call your Prime Minister and the authorities will tell you what intolerance is.
Try spitting on the road out of your car at a traffic light in Singapore and the authorities will tell you what intolerance is.
Try throwing your garbage on the road side in Zurich and the authorities will tell you what intolerance is.

You really believe that in a population of 1.3 billion if some 50,000 or 100,000 or 500,000 bigots say what they shouldn’t, the whole country is becoming intolerant ??
They don’t even form 1% of our total population.
The Neo-Nazis are still active in Germany – do you call Germany intolerant ?
The Right Wing Penn movement in France is thriving –
do you call France intolerant ?
Then why our India ?
No doubt, there are major issue in our country and they should be highlighted.
But for the naysayers to constantly predict doom !?
No, this country has far more resilience to take on this highly negative bunch.

The dictionary explains intolerance as - “the fact of refusing to accept ideas, beliefs, or behavior that are different from your own.”
So why then is intolerance always linked directly or indirectly to religion and not to life and why then don’t we protest intolerance towards our way of living ?

© Copyright 2015 sindbad (UN: sindbad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
sindbad has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/866272-India-is-turning-intolerant