*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/866311-American-Muscle
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1197218
Reflections and ruminations from a modern day Alice - Life is Wonderland
#866311 added November 16, 2015 at 11:16am
Restrictions: None
American Muscle
"Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise"
Day 620 -- November 16, 2015 prompt
Prompt: What advice would you give to those in power--leaders of nations presidents, etc.--on the subject of handling violent extremism which keeps turning our world into a senseless one?



I, like so many others, watched the events of this past week with a growing sense of dread in my heart. I believe the world is a mess. I believe the unity of the nations are compromised by agendas and power struggles of countries put in impossible situations by pressure at their borders and unrest within their diverse populations. I understand that it is complicated but violent extremism is a global epidemic and it will require a true global offense to combat it's spread. What happened in Paris is likely to happen again and again in London, Rome, New York, DC...its a toxic tide that rises higher and higher each day. I have lost faith in our leadership. I want the US to be powerful again, to be fierce and to inspire the same in other nations, in our allies. I want to see us strike, swiftly and with a broad sword. I want us to rally the support of a global movement, to cut off funds to terrorism, to combat terrorist recruitment, to work with communities to identify extremists. I want to see air strikes rain down on ISIS, see boots on the ground. I want to see their headquarters and training facilities reduced to rubble. I want to see a global community say, enough is enough - let's rid the planet of these animals once and for all. I want to see good win over evil. I want to see us engage the big, bad American machine and not have to apologize for being "One Nation Under God."

© Copyright 2015 MD Maurice (UN: maurice1054 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
MD Maurice has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/866311-American-Muscle