*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/866374-Golden-Years-and-Writing-in-the-Here-and-Now
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1197218
Reflections and ruminations from a modern day Alice - Life is Wonderland
#866374 added November 17, 2015 at 8:38am
Restrictions: None
Golden Years and Writing in the Here and Now
Blogging Circle - Nov 17th
How many of you out there have been thinking about your golden years? Where would you want to retire if money wasn't an issue?


Retirement seems like a fantasy to me at this point but if money wasn't an issue, I think I'd divide my golden years between two places...I love the Fall in New England, so I would want to remain there in the Sept-December months. There really isn't a place I'd rather be at that time of year. There rest of the year I could see myself living in a place like Charleston, SC...an artisan city like that. Its got culture and great places to eat and listen to live music. Its coastal, so you've got the beaches and the nice, Southern vibe. I think that would do nicely for my golden years!


Blog City
November 17, 2015 prompt
Ludwig Wittgenstein said: “I wanted to write that my work consists of two parts: of the one which is here, and of everything which I have not written. And precisely this second part is the important one.”
Do you agree with Wittgenstein and believe that what you haven’t written yet is more important than what you have already written?


This is a great quote. I agree with it in a sense. If one is writing about their life's journey, you can hardly make it a complete volume without living more of life first. The next great story could be around the corner, just over the next hill...

However, I think that for me, writing has given me the opportunity to memorialize some pretty profound experiences in my life so far. I think I have written about every milestone, life event and experience - good and bad and each of those stories becomes part of my story. Those passages are immensely important to my identity. I can look back over them and find myself, the person I was in the before as well as the after. I would like to think that when I am gone, my words will live on and tell my loved ones that I've left behind, the kind of person I was. I write often about my daughter and the journey of becoming her mother and watching her grow. I would love her to have those insights about her mother to treasure one day. I want to commit every feeling to electronic ink, as much as I can. I would like that to be my legacy for her. For me, and because of those reasons, what I've written feels just as important as what I will come to write one day.

© Copyright 2015 MD Maurice (UN: maurice1054 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
MD Maurice has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/866374-Golden-Years-and-Writing-in-the-Here-and-Now