*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
2
9
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/866347-Violent-Extremism-Is-an-Evil-Dragon
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#866347 added November 16, 2015 at 9:09pm
Restrictions: None
Violent Extremism Is an Evil Dragon
Prompt: What advice would you give to those in power--leaders of nations presidents, etc.--on the subject of handling violent extremism which keeps turning our world into a senseless one?

=====

Violence takes place everywhere: on city streets, in towns, in families, in schools, among countries, among ideologies. The factors that lead to violence are biological traits, family bonding, individual characteristics, intelligence and education, child development, peer relationships, cultural shaping and resiliency. Each of these factors can be affected by one another, can become a cluster of factors, and can grow into gigantic dimensions.

In the case of the latest violence against innocent civilians, cultural shaping and the need for belonging has created a dragon with many heads. Other chaotic problems within the countries and ineffective outside intervention have put this dragon on the warpath.

This one dragon now boasts its presence with the names of ISIS, IS, ISIL, or DAISH. The evil dragon ISIS has killed more people of the religion of Islam than it has killed in the western world. More than 100,000. Not to mention the displaced and maimed muslims. The odd thing is, ISIS claims it is doing it for Islam. Go figure!

We in the western world are enraged with the attacks against us, and rightfully so, as all these attacks are against the entire humanity. With its atrocities, ISIS has become such a menace that no matter how I wrack my brain, I can’t come up with a nonviolent response.

I think the best response should be immediate and harsh, but only through the combined efforts of all countries and people. We need to get rid of ISIS with all our might.

Following that, sending funds and weapons to difficult folks should stop once and for all, no matter what the interests of the west may be. In addition, we in the USA need to deal with our love of complicity in creating messes by unneeded intervention.

In my opinion, only one kind of intervention will help our disturbed planet. After the initial responses and stopping the perpetrators for good, the world should still continue to fully invest in social and economic development initiatives of all nations, and not just the select few.

© Copyright 2015 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/866347-Violent-Extremism-Is-an-Evil-Dragon