*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/866394-My-Writing-Past-Present-and-Future
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#866394 added November 17, 2015 at 2:43pm
Restrictions: None
My Writing: Past, Present and Future
Ludwig Wittgenstein said: “I wanted to write that my work consists of two parts: of the one which is here, and of everything which I have not written. And precisely this second part is the important one.”
Do you agree with Wittgenstein and believe that what you haven’t written yet is more important than what you have already written?


==============

Until I came across this quote, I didn’t think of the importance factor in writing. I have always written (and read even more) possibly because the people who left indelible impressions in my life also read and wrote. This whole thing with me might just have started out of admiration and the feeling of connection to those I love.

My first admiration was directed to the books I was read to at a very early age. Then out of that admiration, I taught myself to read by the time I turned four. I think I started to actually write when I was seven or eight.

As of today, if I don’t write, I don’t feel whole. Since it probably defines me, writing has always been important to me. My future writings, too, will be important for that reason. I don’t know if they’ll be more important, but I believe they’ll be as important. I certainly don’t expect myself to spew out pearls of wisdom at any one time. *Laugh* If such a thing ever happened, I’d be more surprised than those of you who read my blog every now and then.

When it comes to the importance of my writing for other people, I don’t know that and I won’t know that. The only thing that may happen is that my writing may last for a little bit of time in cyberspace, thus becoming a possible relic, until someone erases or deletes it for good.

© Copyright 2015 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/866394-My-Writing-Past-Present-and-Future