*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
14
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/866575-Writing-Childrens-Stories
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#866575 added November 20, 2015 at 8:04am
Restrictions: None
Writing Children's Stories

On this day in 1986, the one billionth Little Golden Book was printed. The title was The Poky Little Puppy .

Have you ever wanted to write a children's book? What would you write about? Would they be individual titles, or part of a series?



Manx Cat from Japan




I would like to write some children's books. I don't write often enough to get many projects started. I did an internship with the Purple Martin Association in Edinboro, Pennsylvania. It occurred to me at that time to write a children's story about Birds. I even started it so it is hanging somewhere unfinished.

At the time my supervisor in the PMCA was collaborating with someone to write a children's story about Purple Martins. We compared plots and although hers and mine were different I decided to put my story away until a later date until hers came out in print, so I would be sure nothing I wrote was in any conflict with her story.

I think a series of any kind is different. It has to follow a theme and probably should have characters that are regularly associated. Are children as involved with character friendships as adults? I can remember Louisa Mae Alcott books and another group I read as a child called. "Seven Cousins." They were series books. A writer must be dedicated to the subject to write a series.

© Copyright 2015 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/866575-Writing-Childrens-Stories