*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/867033-Textures-of-Life-and-Writing-without-Apology
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1197218
Reflections and ruminations from a modern day Alice - Life is Wonderland
#867033 added November 25, 2015 at 10:57am
Restrictions: None
Textures of Life and Writing without Apology
"Blogging Circle of Friends "
Day 1106: November 25, 2015
Prompt: “And by the way, everything in life is writable about if you have the outgoing guts to do it, and the imagination to improvise. The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt.” ― Sylvia Plath, The Unabridged Journals of Sylvia Plath Do you agree or disagree?


I find that I write about most things of importance in my life. Its cheaper than therapy! Seriously though, writing becomes part of my coping process. Even in my structured pieces, I can find elements of myself and my battles woven through every aspect of the story. I know aside from trying to write good fiction, I'm also dealing with my own truths and demons through the creative process. I always doubt myself on some level but I don't hesitate in my writing and I never apologize for it even if it can be hurtful and revealing in ways I can not, nor would want to control.

Writing without apology, to myself as well as others, is a challenge. It sometimes feels like a compulsion rather than a craft.



"Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise"
Day 628 November 25, 2015
Prompt: Textures are everywhere. Rough edges of a stone wall. Touch of a baby's cheek. The sense of touch brings back memories for us. What texture holds special memories for you?


Texture is a powerful sense in that to connect with it we must engage ourselves in tactile elements of life. There are a few textures that will immediately invoke memories for me..

The silky touch of my daughter's hair, the strands so fine between my fingertips, takes me back to the first moments of her life when I held her on my chest and stroked her hair.

The crisp crust of my great grandmother's homemade loaves of bread, the way it would be crusty on the outside and you would rip off a piece to find a soft, warm center inside.

The texture of my c-section scar, a raised pattern of skin that marks my daughter's entry into the world...I remember running my hands along it for the first time and being amazing, and a littler horrified, to find it was substantially bigger than I thought it would be.

Just a few...

© Copyright 2015 MD Maurice (UN: maurice1054 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
MD Maurice has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/867033-Textures-of-Life-and-Writing-without-Apology