*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/867619-Beauty-Queens-and-Ghosts
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1197218
Reflections and ruminations from a modern day Alice - Life is Wonderland
#867619 added December 1, 2015 at 10:09am
Restrictions: None
Beauty Queens and Ghosts
Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise
DAY 634 December 1, 2015
Prompt: Why do people ghost? Can ghosting have a good reason? How does it feel to be ghosted?
Ghosting is when someone that you believe cares about you disappears on you without any form of explanation, message, phone call or email.

I've been ghosted in a very mild sense of the word. I shoulder some of the responsibility, I allowed it to happen. I was super aware at the time that my friend of twenty plus years was stepping farther and farther out of my life and I did nothing to reach out, to pull her back in. I was a willing partner in my own ghosting.


I think that sometimes ghosting is a way of coping with a natural end of a relationship...sometimes there just isn't enough energy left in a relationship to pursue a confrontation, an apology or even any formal sense of closure. I still have a fondness for the friend she was when I needed her but I also have an understanding that as time moved forward, she was less and less capable of feeling joy for me in the same way I always could for her. She seemed to rally when I was down but supporting me and being happy for me in the good times was something that became more and more difficult for her to do. There was an undercurrent of resentment for me in her that made her do hurtful things, say hurtful things and damage was done, again and again. After twenty plus years I began to feel less angry with her for that, less disappointed. I think I just reached a level of acceptance. It was simply just time to let her go. It was time for me to focus energy on other friendships - friends who could be not just supportive, but sincerely happy for me. Ghosting is certainly hard but its the far easier choice in situations like mine.

"Blogging Circle of Friends "
DAY 1112 December 1, 2015
Name a category all major beauty pageants should have, but don't? Do you think they demean women or encourage them to think outside the box?


I believe Beauty Pageants should have an STEM category or requirement. Let's see them show us their talents in Science, Technology or Engineering or Math! I don't think there is anything wrong with competing in pageants as long as the participants are encouraged to be well-rounded, contributing citizens and not just pretty faces that look good in swimsuits or evening dresses. I will say that I do think those contests have come a long way since the early days but there is always room for improvement. A word about the toddlers and tiaras...I disagree with that whole scene entirely. There is entirely too much sexualization of young girls in society today already - look at the Halloween costume offerings for example! I fail to see what benefits this industry provides these children aside from cheap trophies and unwarranted, unnecessary pressure and scrutiny.

© Copyright 2015 MD Maurice (UN: maurice1054 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
MD Maurice has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/867619-Beauty-Queens-and-Ghosts