*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
14
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/867629-New-Technology-and-Christmas-thoughts
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#867629 added December 1, 2015 at 2:02pm
Restrictions: None
New Technology and Christmas thoughts
Manx Cat from Japan






Have you heard of 3D printed materials .Last week I saw a story on PBS about a little boy that needed an artificial leg but could not afford to have one made. Then, a group found a 3D printer in his town and was able to get one printed out at a fraction of the cost his family would have had to pay.

New Balance a maker of running shoes is going to introduce a shoe in 2016 that contains a 3D printed mid sole.

A jet-powered drone at an air show in Dubai used 3D printing in its makeup.

I actually saw a 3D printer. I was quite startled at the immense size.

I wonder how this helps global warming.

My Granddaughters helped me trim my Christmas tree on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. It looks pretty good. Now, most of my Christmas shopping is finished except for Keith. I can always add to his gifts right up to the day I run out of money. I have to get the online shopping finished early because of the shipping times involved. It is a really good reason to shop online because it gets the shopping finished early.

I think I will add Christopher Parkening’s CD “Simple Gifts” (sacred music for Guitar) to my Christmas List.

Deer Hunting season is open for the next couple weeks. The season started Monday. Every once in awhile I hear gun shots, in the woods around us, on both sides of the road. The sounds make my dog erupt in a bout of barking. There has been a cold foggy mist hanging in the atmosphere all day. A good day to stay warm and read a good book.

Stay warm. Remember the shortest day of the year is in December. After the equinox the days get longer, with more daylight.

















apondia#1781748






© Copyright 2015 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/867629-New-Technology-and-Christmas-thoughts