*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
14
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/867692-December-2--23-days-to-Christmas
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#867692 added December 2, 2015 at 3:02pm
Restrictions: None
December 2 / 23 days to Christmas

Wednesday, December 02, 2015

You’ve heard of El Nino. It is influencing the weather and should last into Spring. Have you heard of the Arctic Oscillation. The AO is winds circulating counter clockwise around the arctic. It has a negative phase and a positive phase. The phases influence storms in the mid latitudes.

The Madden-Julian Oscillation of air from the tropics circles the globe once every one to two months. It influences the jet stream. It is an eastward moving pulse that influences precipitation, cloud formations and pressure patterns.

It means we have a different type of El Nino than was influencing weather in the 90’s. No wonder the weather forecasters on the news don’t always get it right. The information on weather pattern influence came from NOAA.

Yesterday’s rain stopped this morning here. Now it is just cold, damp and gloomy. I wonder if there is a song about what it is like when you can’t see sunshine?

I tweaked the branches on my Christmas tree. The tree is artificial. Over 40 years ago we got tired of dragging home a real tree. We went out and bought a 71/2 foot tree built in Pittsburgh, Pa. It has lasted very well all these years. It is basically the most decorating I ever do for Christmas. The branches can be moved around to make a special bulb look better or make the tree be what it should be for the season. I wonder if the same company is still building trees for the holidays?

Because we still don’t have snow, the birds are not flocking to the feeders as much as normal. Without snow there is still a lot of feed for them on the dying plant life. The chickadees are back to the feeders. Doves, Blue Jays, three or more varieties of wood peckers, cardinals and a few others are roaming in to feed. OK guess I’ll go read awhile.

I wish Christmas Peace and Plenty for all my readers. Fairy playing a flute

© Copyright 2015 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/867692-December-2--23-days-to-Christmas