*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/867663-December-Already
Rated: 13+ · Book · Family · #2058371
Musings on anything.
#867663 added December 2, 2015 at 12:05am
Restrictions: None
December Already!
November was a blur. Whew! I hardly knew it was here, and it's gone!

\There's a new baby in the family. I've finished all my Christmas shopping, and the Christmas cards are addressed and stamped. The tree is up but not decorated. I survived an erratic work schedule, extra duties for the holiday and family. We've learned that my dad can't go to the doctor alone any more. Not only can he not hear them, he gets confused. So I have to take on that, and it's a lot of appointments.

I feel like the pressure is off because Nano is over. I think I might skip that next year. The October Prep is good for me, but that's two intense months back to back. And there's a lot going on with family, work, church, and social in November. And those with children or elderly parents or both have a lot going on already. Maybe in 2016, I'll do OctoPrep, and spread Nano over two months or 10 weeks, and see if that doesn't work better for me. There won't be any teams or competition, but I won't ignore my other duties.

They say time is relative--relative to how long you've lived. So, I guess I must have lived a long time, since the days go racing by. The days never seem long any more. The hours pass slowly only when I'm on the job and am anxious to leave. Even the nights pass quickly while I toss and turn, unable to go back to sleep, while my mind races. (In my head, I am always writing a scene or a story, most of which never go to paper.)

The days are shorter. In just a few weeks they will start to get longer again, but we won't notice the difference. For a long time, people thought the holidays made people more depressed and suicidal because they were alone. The truth has turned out to be the lack of light. The longer nights make people depressed. Gloomy weather makes moods worse. No matter how busy you get, or how tired, be sure you get as much real daylight as possible. Same for your family members. The light won't make the hours slow down, but it might make them more bearable.

© Copyright 2015 Pumpkin (UN: heartburn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Pumpkin has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/867663-December-Already