*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/867757-December-3rd
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1197218
Reflections and ruminations from a modern day Alice - Life is Wonderland
#867757 added December 3, 2015 at 9:51am
Restrictions: None
December 3rd
Still struggling this morning with fallout of having watched Racing Extinction last night..such brutal images and alarming statistics transposed against breathtaking cinematography - I'm still processing and digesting it. The filmmakers did an excellent job of asserting that it was a lot to take in and while the reality is very disturbing, it is important to still have hope. The call to action of Startwith1Thing has the power and credibility to become a social moment, a sweeping social movement that can affect real change. Awareness and education is the first step to significantly slowing the rate of our planet's overall decline. I know it has made an impression on me, turning on a switch I always knew was there. There is more inside me to write about this but as I said, I'm still processing...

Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise
Day 636 December 3, 2015
Prompt: Do you agree that the weather alters a person's mood? Does the weather affect your mood?


I believe that seasonal shifts and weather patterns came radically affect moods. I know I tend to become more musing, more introspective during raining and overcast weather - for whatever reason. Seasonal depression is a real thing although I tend to be much more upbeat in the winter months for some reason. I like the cold New England winters, I feel energized by the cold whereas the summer heat and humidity can often leave me feeling restless and oppressed.

Blogging Circle of Friends
DAY 1114: December 3, 2015
Prompt: How do you stay creative with your writing?


Staying creative with my writing is always a challenge. Wally Lamb, Author of, "She's Come Undone", among other titles, was a writing professor of mine in high school. I remember his advice to me was, "write what you know" and I've found that if I stick to that concept, I tend to product a better quality of writing, even fiction. There are elements of who I am and what I know in everything I write and I think that personal connection helps keep my material creative.

© Copyright 2015 MD Maurice (UN: maurice1054 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
MD Maurice has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/867757-December-3rd