*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/868740-Show-of-Faith
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #2000274
Simple stuff, really. Musing uncharacteristically challenged. BLog
#868740 added December 17, 2015 at 8:59pm
Restrictions: None
Show of Faith
Somewhere not to far from here, a person put up a Zombie Nativity scene, complete with a zombie Christ. Some people were quite upset about this and demanded it be taken down. Poor taste, anti-Christian, and the pitch forks were out. Someone tried to get me into the mix but it didn't turn out the way they wanted it. "I like zombies!" This is what I told them and the shock was over the top. Sputter, sputter. This is Christmas and shouldn't be defiled statements were made. I said, "Reach out with hate and you will get hate back. Is it too much to try to love instead?" Of course, my point was overlooked and ignored. Minds were made up, but maybe, just maybe, the seed of good will might sprout later. All this made me think up a statement: Only God may hate and remain unchanged.

I have tried bitterness but it wasn't fun. I have tried poor me, and it wasn't fun. My idea of fun is not for everyone. I like to read and better yet, write...Right?
© Copyright 2015 Jimminycritic (UN: jimminycritic at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jimminycritic has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/868740-Show-of-Faith