*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/869301-A-Christmas-Card
by Rhyssa
Rated: 18+ · Book · Activity · #2050433
pieces created in response to prompts
#869301 added December 26, 2015 at 3:14am
Restrictions: None
A Christmas Card
Decorating the camel was fun. I tied ribbons and bows to the harness, careful to avoid his mouth—he seemed to think my hair would make a good meal. He was a bad tempered creature. I talked soothingly to him, but he made a face and spit, narrowly missing my face. I’m good at ducking.

Getting aboard was less fun. He knelt, with a rough grace and a bad attitude. The owner helped me aboard and then climbed behind me. She was going to be in charge. It was either her or the camel after all. I certainly didn’t have any kind of control here. And then, the camel rose, like a baby giraffe, dazed and unsteady as it clambered up from its six foot drop.

As we walked, he swayed. I felt sick—and that’s all we can say about that. But it was going to make the best Christmas card ever.

I raised my fist in the air (Look, Mom. No Hands!) and grinned while the camel reached his nose out.

“Watch out!” I said to the photographer. “He thinks the lens is edible.”

Prompt 21
the week of December 20

** Image ID #2067445 Unavailable **
© Copyright 2015 Rhyssa (UN: sadilou at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Rhyssa has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/869301-A-Christmas-Card