*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/869739-A-DECENT-BALANCE
Rated: E · Book · Other · #1962205
You are what you write. Illusion and Reality...I reside in between. Where are you?
#869739 added January 2, 2016 at 1:35pm
Restrictions: None
A DECENT BALANCE?
         
Blog City image small Do you think you have a decent work/life balance? 
   
         
         
         I laugh! I do not see work and life as two separate things. I am called, ‘retired’ because when you get old enough they have to say that because old people aren’t supposed to ‘work’. Again I laugh!
         
         My life is my work. My work is my life. As I wrote back in April of 2014:
         
         
I AM A CREATOR
I have always been a creative person...it's a way of life.


My creations have probably had little impact, but they are left behind me through the decades---on stages, some film, many pages of printed scripts, on canvas and watercolor paper, in music that filters into the backgrounds of many projects from my long-gone keyboards, and now---as words in the digital, cyber world of computers and up there somewhere in the cloud.

One thing I've learned is that the Universe does provide. But, of course, not always the way you thought it would or when. Years ago I started journaling and it turned into automatic-writing. I've seen some recent discussions and wonderings about what it is and how it works. I can't really explain it. It just is...

You have to accept the source as part of yourself...that you have no control over. It's just there...all the time...always. You have tools and skills: keyboards, brushes, computers, your body skills, your brain skills, the world around you (infinite).

The most narrow in scope perhaps is the writing since you are translating visions into words, voices into words on a page. I'm speaking as a novelist. Most times the characters talk about their lives or what they think about certain things. Or i suddenly get a huge summary about an event or action. Some of it is nonsense. Judging that is absolutely done after, not during. It has always called me, ‘foolbe’.

The hardest thing is letting go of judgment and analysis. The moment you question or try to direct the words, the source is gone and you are reflecting your own ego and not-so-creative brain.

EXAMPLE: [I have not been far away, only distracted, you know.]
Complete, cool, carried over and succinct. We do not argue or condemn, but rather seriously demand when we are needed…or felt. I am internal to your external, be assured of that! Hardly a day goes by that a never-the-less moment is transcribed-transferred. Perhaps you can be more aware of those moments? So much to do, you must regulate hours, but once again you know that, foolbe. Radio off and mind ON! Bye.


Sometimes I don't read these until months later, unless I'm working on a scene in a book and that's been on my mind. I like to see what's there. You can ask a question as part of starting. That does not guarantee an answer. You might get a lecture about your work ethic. So I write, but I do not do it alone. Get it?

If you're really interested and struggling, research alpha states and perhaps simple yoga meditation. You are responsible for everything your brain receives...are you on automatic?

Blog on...>>>iggy *Boat*
         
         
Formal cover for iguanamountain
   
         
         

© Copyright 2016 iguanamountain (UN: iguanamountain at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
iguanamountain has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/869739-A-DECENT-BALANCE