*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/870243-PERSONAL-ACCESS
Rated: E · Book · Other · #1962205
You are what you write. Illusion and Reality...I reside in between. Where are you?
#870243 added January 8, 2016 at 8:29am
Restrictions: None
PERSONAL ACCESS?
         
Blog City image small Prompt: Do you feel you have to be available at all times? How has this affected your down time? 
   
         
         
         Ha! When you are retired, ‘down time’ has a different meaning.I’m writing and reviewing more than I ever have before, but that’s what I want to do---so I don’t consider that like a job. And I do that when I want to, which is most of the time because I enjoy it so much. But the computer can be powered off and phones can take a message.
         
         As far as outside demands on my time, they are few, and mostly from partner and friends. Email gets checked a couple times a day and the phone gets a message mostly from the phone company promoting top-ups or deals on a new device. We use the app called Telegraph for most communication and that can be turned off.
         
         Now I have friends who are still working and they spend an extraordinary amount of time on the phone. And a couple hardly go to their office because everything is done over the smart phone, and often in the car. Autos have become the new ;portable office, along with restaurants, and visiting friends in your kitchen.
         
         I still have a problem with the idea that the person on the phone is more important that the live face-to-face person you are with. And businesses that leave a person they’ve been helping, standing there like a dummy, while they help someone who has called on the phone, makes me crazy.
         
         Social media for some people is their constant companion and nearly constant communications with a group of family or friends. I mean constant! Teenagers have mastered this concept of being alone but having a stream of communications almost all of their waking time.
         
         If the power goes off and the batteries lose their charge, I don’t know what will happen to all those people who have to face really being alone in the real world. I know---read a book!
         
         Peace and Love...>>>iggy *Boat*
         
         
Formal cover for iguanamountain
   
         
         

© Copyright 2016 iguanamountain (UN: iguanamountain at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
iguanamountain has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/870243-PERSONAL-ACCESS