*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/869775-WORK-IS-WORSHIP
Rated: ASR · Book · Cultural · #2015972
I have tried to summarize my observation with vivid and simple manner.
#869775 added January 2, 2016 at 9:50pm
Restrictions: None
WORK IS WORSHIP
There was an Himalayan king who would go out daily within the city in his finely decorated palanquin. He had engaged handsome strong men as palanquin bearers to complete the spectacle .
One morning, the king's favorite horse went missing from the stable.
The king ordered a few men to go search for the horse. he thought the more men the better to go search in all directions.
So he ordered the palanquin bearers to join in the search. But they were all proud and lazy men. One of them said, "Oh king, we are royal palanquin bearers. You have clothed us and are paying us only for this job. Going in search of your horse is beneath us, and you are also only paying us for the job of being a palanquin bearer." The king was shocked. He laughed to himself looking at their ignorance and arrogance. he wanted to teach them a lesson. he said, "Ok you are palanquin bearers i accept that, and please continue to do a fine job. I will call upon you when i need you". The men left happily.
After a few minutes the king dressed himself well and ordered the palanquin to be brought. he sat on that and asked the bearers to carry him to the neighboring forest.
He had them go up the hill, then down, across the river and into the deep Himalayan jungle. They got very tired. They asked the king where he was going? The king said, "I don't know. I am searching for my horse!"
The proud palanquin bearers, who refused to go search for the horse, were now carrying the king in a palanquin and searching for the horse...
The moral of the story; Your work will demand that you perform many activities. Do them all with joy, Perform your work as worship..

© Copyright 2016 sindbad (UN: sindbad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
sindbad has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/869775-WORK-IS-WORSHIP