*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
14
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/869822-Guns-from-all-sides-are-still-weapons
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#869822 added January 3, 2016 at 12:05pm
Restrictions: None
Guns from all sides are still weapons
Outside of a national sporting event, how many weapons do you need to enjoy a sporting any event with your friends and family? (If you say you're a "good guy with a gun", I'm disqualifying your score from today's tally, jerk.)


Owl with an attitude






You should not need any. People are taking the news headlines as a warning. In Erie County and Crawford County, Pa. gun permit sales are rising constantly. Yet, the news releases say there are fewer violent crimes than one year ago at this time,in this area.

There are doctrines in this area that people like to follow. 1. If someone asks you to do something or give them something you have to do it or your not a loyal ?? follower of society?? 2. some of the church members believe if you don't go to church they can lie, cheat you, break you financially, steal your children etc., any thing goes.

There is an underground culture in the area that is really way over the psychological moon about things they think they should be allowed to do to anyone.

I called state police for years reporting thefts, animal injuries, and other problems. Finally, after about 40 years they started to take attacks on home owners more seriously. One woman who lived in a rural home was murdered. Two older people also rural were murdered. Last summer rural home invasions were on the rise in the counties near us, as well as in the city of Erie which still has one shooting a week. Last year a man in the city of Erie defended himself during a home invasion with a ceremonial samurai sword. The invader died. The home owner was exonerated because of self defense. During Christmas things like this quiet down.

Now police around the USA seem to be under attack. I have spent some time trying to see things from the policeman view. One black women asked a news media holding a microphone up to her, "What happened to tasers?" Watching "Cops Reloaded," they always use tasers and dogs. Now, police are just shooting first and asking questions later. It goes to the mental picture they are seeing when they react to danger. The danger is greater for the police because more criminals are shooting at them instead of just running. Someone carrying so many weapons to any public place is either really frightened or has a mental problem. I actually see ISIL as a mental problem.

Because of terrorists, people are reacting in panic and arming themselves. My first husband, who died in an automobile accident, collected knives. He was in the Air Force. His duties took him to the Panama Canal Zone, Thailand, and Viet Nam. I have machetes, samurai swords, hunting knives and even a knife he made himself. He was a sheet metal expert who kept USA aircraft flying. So, I have all these weapons in my home.

Because I was alone with children he taught me how to handle a gun and bought me my first handgun. I also hunted at home in my teens and knew how to load and shoot 22's and shotguns. In this area people hunt deer, not just for sport. We fed out children on venison. It was an excellent source of meat during the season. Now, the price of hunting licenses are going sky high.

I have a license to carry and own a 380 pistol. I laughed because someone told me two years ago that I would be amazed to find out how many woman in the area have small handguns in purses or how many cars are carrying handguns in their glove compartments.

Terrorist just kill for the sake of killing. It spreads fear and fear spreads uncertainty for safety. It could affect the whole population like a virus. Guns are only part of the scene.

There is the less media centered ideas, that are more important to spread. How to protect society without so many weapons involved. Put some trust in police to arrest the bad guys. We have some examples of people who had to turn in their relatives or friends over the years. They were not disloyal, they were thinking of society as a whole. Call the police if police are needed to solve a situation. Wouldn't the police rather talk than shoot? Use some common sense about what you are seeing and hearing.*Headbang*

Forty some states now sanction the carrying of weapons openly. Police can't be everywhere. Respect rules.

Take a advice from ELLEN, "Be kind to one another." *FacePalm*

Merit Badge in Courage
[Click For More Info]

Congratulations on an honorable mention in WDC Scavenger Hunt 2011! Attached is your GP prize. Thank you for your participation. *^*Smile*^*

Wishing you all the best in future endeavors!



















apondia#1781748






© Copyright 2016 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/869822-Guns-from-all-sides-are-still-weapons