*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/870061-Trying-to-relax
Rated: 13+ · Book · Action/Adventure · #2041226
Yet another superhero tale, but it's original, ha.
#870061 added January 5, 2016 at 10:49pm
Restrictions: None
Trying to relax
         “I'm already the shoulder, now that I'm thinking about it. I'm the one who helped him get over a few bruises, cuts, school accidents, and even the rejection he faced when he tried to ask Chloe out a few months ago. Dumb broad.” She looks around. “I'd better get back; he may be a cheap form of entertainment, but the only other person who understands my language.” Cuddles climbed down the fence, thinking how this can all be turning out right.
         ”Good took you long enough. Now we wait.” They patiently waited for five minutes. That is, until a growl came from his stomach. “Screw this, I’m gonna raid the fridge.” Pulling a claw out he picks the back lock opening the door. “Now then, last nights leftovers are mine!” Cuddles could only listen from the back.
         “Save some meatloaf for me. Or not, the kibble works just fine. Heh, how else did you think I got these curves?”
         “Oh, please, you probably pleaded Maybelle to give you a boost like that. Not bad though, I will admit.”
         “Kinda the reason I asked for this. I was hoping it would get Matt to notice me now, or something asking those lines. But he's that loyal to Judith. Not that I don't approve, but you know...” Cuddles just waits on the edge of the porch, swinging her legs and tail, looking into the sunset. “Also, this gets me thinking: why the hell did you try to ask him almost at first glance? You couldn't have thought that he was with Judith in the first place?” He came out as the question was asked.
         “Ah, shut up, cottonball, he'll be ours before you know it.”
         “I'm not my mother, you know. Believe it or not, her name was Cottonball. Looked like one too. So much fluff...”
         “Ha!” He hands her some of what he got out of the fridge, a bit of meatloaf. “And FYI, no, I didn’t know he was with Judy, at first, didn’t mean I would stop. If I want something, it’s mine. one way or another.” He tapped on the sword looped through his belt.
         “Yeah, don't even try that method on me. He finds out, not only will he reject you, he'll kill you.”
         ”Eh, better to go out trying, because everything is only useful for so long so don’t forget, either way, what's the point. Life is my birthright.” he sat next to her, his tail brushing up her spine. Cuddles looked at him, disapproved.
         “Easy, tiger. Remember, like you, I only have eyes for Matt.” Her tail swatted his.
         “Of course, your highness. Can’t be muddling with kings property as common folk. Ha, yea, right!”
         Cuddles rolls her eyes and catches something. “Huh. Check it. They're back.” He immediately dropped everything from his hands.
         “Oh crap! go, go, go!”
         (Matt) Sigh. A day at the beach can really... stress you out. Come on! Jellyfish, whales... sharks... Yoshi eating them... eh.
         “Hmm..? Who's there? Why am I asking? Cuddles, Wayne, get out here. Or rather Wayne since Cuddles already made it to my room without notice.”
         Wayne pops out of a cabinet. “Hey, Matty-kun. So….. how was the beach?”
         “Not exactly my version of fun, but the others enjoyed it. What are you up to?”
         “You know the usual. Seeing what I can dig through and what not.” He gave a half hearted grin. Hmm.
         “Yeah, stop trying to steal my Monopoly pieces. And again, better to use time with training, but you're lazy. So...”
         ”I’m not lazy! I just prefer to not spend my time being bored out of my mind, not like i'm the one destined to save the universe anyway.”
         “Yeah, but I'd like a team. After all, we are going against an army, not just one villain. Also, training isn't that boring, you just have to find a technique that works for you.”
         ”Not like anything I do ever works though. Don’t you have something else to do other than grill me?”
         “Not really. Also, ironically, you're standing in the remains of a small broken grill. And to add insult to injury, I'm carrying utensils and spices. I'll go put these up.”
         ”Yea, go do that. I've got somewhere to be. ” He took off rather quick. Then again, he never could stay out of trouble.
         Shaking my head, I get everything inside, cause its metal, and go upstairs to relax.
         “Yoshi, yoshi. Yoshi? (Matt, buddy. What's wrong?)”
         “Beaches used to be fun. Now it just feels like work. I don't know how we were hidden through everything, but still, whose idea was it that we brought Gathran to tag along? We almost got kicked out twice for his shark exclamations.”
         “Yoshi yoshi yoshi. Yoshi yoshi? (And I'm the one who ate all those things. What else is wrong?)”
         “I don't know. Guess I never like beaches that much. Come on, Judith and Michelle owe us a rematch.”
         About an hour later, us four are in locked in Smash combat using our own Miis. One life left! Come on..!
         “Yoshi, look out!” He gets thrown off the stage.
         “Yoshi! (Cheap shot!)” Hmm. Bat!
         “Goodbye!” Once my rivals got into a good range, I get a Home Run. Sigh, the sound of breaking the sound barrier in which you know you won. Music.
         “So close! Ugh! Eh, whatever; rage quit.” Michelle drops her remote into the seat before going out to grab a snack I guess.
         “Yoshi, yoshi! (We, are, the champions!)” And he flies out for his congratulatory snack, leaving me and Judith alone.
         “Hmm. You may have won this one, but this best of 23 is gonna be ours.”
         “The fact that we already played 17 games in a row isn't enough for either of you, is it?”
         “It should be, but--” (Clatter) Hmm? My cat just stood on the shelf, embarrassed of the mess.
         “Cuddles, you're no longer the small snowshoe. You kinda need to remember now that not every crawl space is your domain anymore.”
         “Sorry, I know. My instincts got the better. What'd I drop?” Luckily, they were metal.
         “Just a few frames; shouldn't be-- huh, what's this?” When did Mom take this picture?
         “Who's that?” Judith asks.
         “Penelope, don't you remember? She was in our math class. I even tutor her every now and then; you've seen her. Wonder when it was taken though? By the smoothness, couldn't have been that long.” I just shrug and put it back, now that Cuddles is off. “Speaking of which, I think I have a session with her tomorrow.”
         “You seem to know a lot of people.”
         I blame the economy. “School life is weird. At least you don't need help in math.”
         “Hmm.” When she saw the frame, I'm guessing she got jelly a bit. Then again, it does look like I'm leaning close to her but we always have a book on our laps. When will the day be that my loyalty will be truly tested and be seen that it is only for her.
         “Oh, now I remember! Was she the one that played that hilarious prank on our teacher?”
         “Ha. She even told me detention was worth it. Then again, she told me that when I was there as well for nearly accidentally blowing up the lab room.”
         “Yeah, yeah, keep ranting how it wasn't your fault.” That near explosion rant wasn't. Hannah went hothead, literally, and I had to turn it off somehow since many bunsen burners were being used. But anyway, that's enough game play for a day.
         After a few more hours of idle events, o decided to get to sleep since there's nothing else really worthwhile to do for me. Besides, I do need to train on controlling stuff in my dreams. Some of it is rather fun.

Wednesday, 8/7, give or take 3 PM. Penelope is here and I'm giving her help in geometry. There's no easy memorizing for this stuff.
         “Remember, angle, angle, side. So therefore?” Yeah, this stuff gets complicated.
         “Triangle ABC is congruent to ABD?”
         “There we go.” She's getting there. “So, think you'll pass that SAT?”
         “With the help you're giving me, there shouldn't be a problem. I'm really grateful for it, Matt.”
         “Hey, no problem.” Hand on her shoulder, “you have the potential. Now, come on, let's grab some snacks.”
         (3rd) “Oh, don't worry, Matty-kun, I will soon. With you, that is.”
         He's on the vine fence, with a Polaroid camera, taking pictures at very precise positions, in which it would look like both are having a better time than what it looks like. Once satisfied, he jumps down gracefully and runs back home, no one being aware of his actions.
         “Alright, where's a guy gotta go for some catnip?”
         But unbeknownst to him, someone was walking in his path and not paying attention either. She was talking on the phone and just hung up when she collided with the poor demi cat, making him fall down.
         “Ow! For the love of-- hmm?” He looked up to the taller woman, who seemed apologetic. She was tall, around 5’ 9, had long straight hair that’s tied up, brown eyes, and is basically your average 19-year-old.
         “Oh, my goodness, I am so sorry about that. Here, let me just...” She extended her hand and helped Wayne up, dusting him off as well. “Again, sorry about dropping you; I wasn't exactly paying attention, eh?”
         “Yeah, I probably wasn't paying attention either.Could you help me pick these up as well?” Wayne is referring to the Polaroids on the ground.
         “Oh, of course.” But when she didn't hand pick them, Wayne got confused.
         “What are you...” With some specific hand movements, she makes small swirls of air and collects every picture with ease, organizing them upright even. Wayne could only stand there, confused as to why a woman looking like Judith is-- wait, she looks like Judith?
         Yeah... she kinda does... except her hair is tied back with no bangs. And she seems to be wearing a uniform of some sort that's from the Snack Shack. All she could do is stand there waiting for his response.
         “What? You're an anthropomorphic cat, I'm a Mokrinajeylin, we're both from Asteiniera, what are you shocked about?”
         “Mokrinajeylin? What? Are you guys terrorizing as well? What the hell to?”
         “Look, I'll be glad to fill you in with all this, but since I know you're a Lojarr, I'm petty sure you have a leader, so, not to sound too cliché, take me to him, or her. Let's not discriminate.”
         “What cliché? Also why are you here?”
         “Duh, I gonna live here.” She pointed at the other house, inhabiting Judith's family.
         “How many of you are there!?”
         “Uh... what do you mean? I'm just coming back to my family...”
         “Not with the rest of the family? ... Odd.”
         “Yeah, I got separated when things went awry 15 years ago. I was in Toronto, Canada for 12 years, eh? So I spent quite some time trying to find my family. You know them?”
         “You can say that. I always thought there was one daughter in the family, or at least she claimed to be their only daughter.” Wayne's teeth said he had an awful idea “Yea. Her parents never seem to deny it; seem’s fishy if you ask me.”
         She seemed hurt a bit but regained her composure. “Well, I did separate from them at age 4. Maybe they can recognize me...”
         “Maybe, not my concern. Unless, you can do me a favor.”
         Classic Wayne…

RaNd0Mk1D8o3I
© Copyright 2016 RaNd0Mk1D8o3I (UN: rand0mk1d8o3i at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
RaNd0Mk1D8o3I has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/870061-Trying-to-relax