*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
14
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/870353-Do-you-want-to-believe-in-something
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#870353 added January 9, 2016 at 9:40am
Restrictions: None
Do you want to believe in something?
Saturday, January 09, 2016Creation Saturday!

Oh, you believe in something? That's cute. Make us believe in it too.

Owl with an attitude



Definition of Believe in something : To actually accept, that a fact, about an object is real.

O. K. I believe that a carrot out of my garden is real after I planted seed, pulled weeds, watered it, watched it grow, then pulled it, washed it and even ate it.

If I take one of the other carrots that were grown at the same time to a laboratory with the proper equipment; It can be sliced or liquefied and the molecules that make it up can be identified. Unless you can prove to me that this science thing is a group of people with the same nonsense mindset and are totally off their rockers, then I believe the carrot I ate is real and will help sustain me as I work today. Because the vitamins in the carrot are also able to be cataloged and accepted as real.

The carrot is real and the vitamins are real. This is matter, so we are able to scientifically calculate what is involved with this carrot. It is nice that we can do this. People risked their lives to find out information about matter. It takes some of the superstition out of life.

Some things on the earth or in space we are now able to prove. Others have to be taken on faith.

I’ve discovered amazingly interesting things by delving into history. Even then, I have to have some faith in people who translate languages. Some of the history I have read had to be translated into English because I did not do the in-depth language studies that other people have done. So, I cannot read Greek or Latin or Aramaic.

I found out that real faith is not something you can summon. You have to ask a higher power for help in connecting with faith. Its like a telephone line that goes down in a storm. Someone has to help fix it. Unless you plan to get a set of lineman’s tools climb the pole and fix it yourself. Good Luck with that every time it goes down.

For some people calling the telephone company is difficult. They don’t have an alternative connection or any reasonable way to get in touch with someone to help them connect. Now we have wireless. Technology is great.

Still you can sit any where and ask for help getting some faith. It’s already wireless. Trouble is you have to be sincere, honestly sincere. You can’t experiment with the one in charge of faith.

When it comes to finding faith I do not believe it is up to me to make you believe anything. If you are in the path I have chosen for my life. I can give you information that I have learned. I can encourage you to search. But, I cannot make you believe.

© Copyright 2016 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/870353-Do-you-want-to-believe-in-something