*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
14
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/870861-TheTtelephony-System-Does-Exist
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#870861 added January 15, 2016 at 2:46pm
Restrictions: None
TheTtelephony System Does Exist
Fun Fact Friday!

On this day in 1913, the first telephone line between Berlin and New York was inaugurated. Are phones a necessary evil? Could you get by without one for a month?
Wow! 1913 who knew!


*Cellphone* Manx Cat from Japan *Thought2*


Phones are not evil? Only a human can produce evil by action?

Communication is not only necessary it is essential. My Grandmother grew up in a nation before phones. She saved boxes of letters from friends she grew up with, in a storage room, in the house, in which we lived. It was really her house but she lived in an apartment in a nearby town and we lived on her farm.

My parents did not have a telephone in the house until I was about 12 or 13. At that time my dad had a phone installed because he had remarried and my step mother wanted to be able to talk to her mother every day, who lived in a nearby town. The telephone line had everyone on the road who allowed a phone on it. If we got a call the phone would ring 3 times. Each household had their own numbered rings. All the rings came in on any individual phone. You were not suppose to pick up and listen to any other person's telephone calls.

That's a laugh. Imagine how the gossip mongers reaped. *BigSmile*

Now I carry a phone with me everyday even outside. If I have an accident, A bear chases me or I trip over a frog. I can get help with the touch of the words, "emergency call."

Good luck with that. If you call for assistance, figure 45 minuets to several hours depending on the circumstances. In the mean time, try dragging yourself into the house, over to the first aid box, and fix up your problem. *Pthb*

As for getting by without one for a month, I think I probably have done that somewhat. It can be a month between me actually talking to someone on the phone or having to call someone. I do have regular calls almost daily where someone calls on the house phone, does not answer when I say hello, then hangs up without talking. *Headbang*

Back in the 80's I was so irritated with the phone harassment I unplugged the phone. (We had updated technology by then.) No one even noticed for a few weeks which made me laugh. Then finally one of my husband's relatives could not reach him for some reason so he plugged it back in.

Then in the late 90's there were the death threats. Several as I recalled. The state police handled that situation. It turned out to be some teenage kids.

Ahhhh! The telephone is a wonderful invention. I've mellowed with age and types of harassment. I tell myself it must be someone checking to see if I still exist? *Laugh*
















apondia#1781748



















apondia#1781748






© Copyright 2016 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/870861-TheTtelephony-System-Does-Exist