*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/870890-BC--Sing-Me-a-Sad-Song
Rated: 13+ · Book · Nonsense · #2050715
Thoughts and takes on the way life presents....
#870890 added January 15, 2016 at 10:27pm
Restrictions: None
BC: Sing Me a Sad Song
Have you ever heard a song and it immediately brought tears to your eyes? What song was it? Why did it affect like you like it did, was it the song or was it what was happening in your personal life that it struck a cord.

The song is : One Hell of an Amen by Brantley Gilbert.
The first stanza is about losing a son who is a soldier.
the second one is about losing a friend to cancer.

Well, both of those are stabs to the heart for me.

When I sing along, I change the words to One Big Amen because, Hell is not on the same plane as heaven and no one I love so much should be consecrated to hell, not even in jest or "harmless" song lyric.

And because I lost my mother and sister to cancer, the he becomes a she in the second stanza.

And the Be Well My friends become Be well, my mother, or Be well, my sister.

And they are both in a much better place, but this world would be better if they were still in it.

© Copyright 2016 Cheri Annemos (UN: cheri55422 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Cheri Annemos has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/870890-BC--Sing-Me-a-Sad-Song