*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/871131-A-Once-In-A-Lifetime-EventRight-In-Front-of-my-Eyes
Rated: 13+ · Book · Nonsense · #2050715
Thoughts and takes on the way life presents....
#871131 added January 18, 2016 at 2:39pm
Restrictions: None
A Once In A Lifetime Event...Right In Front of my Eyes.
People are born in January. It is frigid here in Minnesota, but people like to celebrate tax time, and we have lots of January results. Falls into that "What the heck?" category.

So it's Saturday and the temps are hovering at the zero mark. It's nasty. and it's my friend Pam’s birthday. You can't go without celebrating Pam's birthday or she will feel sad and forlorn. She really does. And so with it this cold, only the brave hearts (like us) or the mentally challenged (don't think it) were out checking things out or going to the same place we were. We took some time to go play board games later and it got to that time so they went home -- or tried to. About two miles from our home, they got a flat tire. AAA to the rescue. In the meantime, they called us to come get them so that they did not have to stay out in a bitterly cold car waiting for help.

Driving back to warmth and comfort of home, I got to witness a police chase in the offing. I pulled up to the stoplight and saw the emergency blinker going. Next thing I know, a police car was rushing through a red and green light at the same time a black car right turned and sped off in front of me. The cop car was right behind the guy, but he would not stop. Then a second cruiser right turned and continued the chase. I was trying to follow but Bob forgot a valuable piece of paper in his car and we had to go back for it. On the way back, we saw the ambulance and third patrol car going to where the action was.

Must have been a crash or something. If my memory holds, I will go and check to see what the big deal was

© Copyright 2016 Cheri Annemos (UN: cheri55422 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Cheri Annemos has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/871131-A-Once-In-A-Lifetime-EventRight-In-Front-of-my-Eyes