*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/870912-Learning-discipline-in-schooling
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#870912 added January 16, 2016 at 9:35am
Restrictions: None
Learning discipline in schooling
I had an idea for a blog yesterday and today it has slipped my mind... not to panic, it will come back to me in its own good time.

Right now my passion is writing, restoring old cars and model airplanes. This interest has provided me with a computer and garage full of lessons learned.

Of all that I've learned "Persistence" is perhaps the most important. The world is full of talented people who don't see matters through. In my course, at New Horizon's Academy, here at WDC it isn't unusual for me to start out with six students and finish with only one. Sometimes nobody finishes.

At first I thought that maybe I was the problem and my workshop had some sort of design or content flaw or maybe the students decided that what I'm asking is just so much BS.

As time has gone on however, I think it is a case of expectations that run out of pressure to see them through to completion. I mean how hard is it to write six vignettes and do a couple of outlines in preparation for writing a novel?

One of my best students was a thirteen year old girl being home schooled by her mother. Could that young lady ever follow instructions, spell and understand the basics of grammar. The kid was talented but it was her mother I admired most. She was not only home schooling her daughter but teaching the importance of self discipline... of finishing what we start.

For those who can manage it home schooling is the best way to educate your children. Ninety percent of the day in public schools is wasted time! Charter schools are better than public schools but for many they are unaffordable.

Discipline problems and disruptive classrooms in Public Schools bring chaos to the classrooms and it is a wonder than any learning takes place at all. Administrators are afraid to expel discipline problems and those who disrupt the classroom for fear that it will ruin their lives.....but what about the lives of those who must endure the turmoil of today's public school classroom. If you doubt what I'm saying just go and substitute for a day in a public school.

© Copyright 2016 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/870912-Learning-discipline-in-schooling