*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/871175-The-Dragon
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: ASR · Book · Food/Cooking · #2069667
My culinary adventures and attempts
#871175 added January 18, 2016 at 11:51pm
Restrictions: None
The Dragon
I named a burger after myself today.

I'm totally serious, though. Mom and I decided to try out the build-your-own-burger place the girl in charge of Bridging Anteaters so highly recommended for the winter retreat, Slater's 50/50  . They're known for their 50/50 burger patty- half beef, half bacon.
You can either build your own, or order a pre-built burger. Mom had the pre-built B-B-B-Bacon burger, and I built my own. *Bigsmile*

The B-B-B was way too salty. The patty tasted overwhelmingly of bacon, unfortunately (I highly dislike bacon!), was a little dry, and slightly overcooked, in my opinion (Mom ordered a medium rare; it looked medium to me).

As for The Dragon, I added tomato, fresh salsa, jalapenos, and red onions onto a 1/3 lb patty, with their "Vampire Dip" , Canadian bacon (the only bacon I'll eat), and chipotle adobo mayo.
I couldn't taste the salsa, unfortunately. Although, they stacked the jalapenos vertically- which means more spice! *Hungry* The burger was also a little overcooked and dry (I wanted a rare patty; it was verging on medium rare), but the brioche bun was nice, and it soaked up what juices came out of the burger quite nicely.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BAsppp_wqHd/?taken-by=flamebreather

© Copyright 2016 Dragon is hiding (UN: flamebreather at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Dragon is hiding has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/871175-The-Dragon