*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/872259-I-ate-all-this-and-totally-dont-regret-it
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: ASR · Book · Food/Cooking · #2069667
My culinary adventures and attempts
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#872259 added January 31, 2016 at 10:22pm
Restrictions: None
I ate all this... and totally don't regret it!
Mom and I went to a little Taiwanese cafe for lunch today. We've been there before, for dessert, but never for a real meal... so we decided to try it. I had a mini hot pot (which I didn't finish- it's in the fridge, now), and their mango shaved snow, with mochi, condensed milk, mangoes, and strawberries.
Mom had some Taiwanese glass noodle soup/chowder that was supposed to have pig intestines and pork hock (?) in it, but they messed up her order and put in oysters instead. No problem, except she's not supposed to have seafood right now! *Facepalm* So she gave me the oysters, which I happily ate. *Bigsmile* For dessert, she also had a shaved snow- green tea with 3 sauce cups of condensed milk.
I didn't have much of the hot pot, because I was saving room for the mango shaved snow. After Mom asked the waiter for containers for my leftovers, he gave us the check, assuming we were done. Nope, we weren't! "Actually, can I order a shaved snow, please?"
"Oh, uh, yeah, sure. Which one would you like?"
"The green tea one. With only condensed milk on it."
"It comes with red bean on it."
"No, I want only condensed milk... I did that last week, and it was okay?"
"Unless you want to create your own?"
"Yes! I do. And I only want condensed milk. Just 5 condensed milks, please."
*Confused* Oh... ok...." *takes away the menu*
"Sorry, but she wants to order one, too!" *points to me*
"*Shock2* Oh! You each want your own?!"
"Yeah."
"I'll have the mango one, please. with mochi, mangoes, strawberries and double condensed milk."

Yes, we knew exactly what we were getting ourselves into. No, we didn't care. *Rolling*
When the waiter came back with Mom's green tea shaved snow, he told her "jia you! (加油!)" In other words, "You can do it!"
And I'm the small eater out of the two of us. *Laugh*

Mom and I both swore we wouldn't eat any more afterwards... but after my shower, and smelling my roommate's food.... I'm a little bit hungry. *Whistle*
 ~
 ~

© Copyright 2016 Dragon is hiding (UN: flamebreather at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Dragon is hiding has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/872259-I-ate-all-this-and-totally-dont-regret-it