*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/871380-Underdog
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#871380 added January 21, 2016 at 10:46am
Restrictions: None
Underdog!
I feel like giving out a merit badge today, so when the Virtual Dice picks a winner later this week from all eligible entries, they'll get the Inner Beauty MB.

Tell us about your latest act of random kindness.


Manx Cat from Japan

The last week before Christmas we traveled to Meadville to finish our Christmas shopping. There were so many people out that day. Traffic was severe. I was standing in a line in a Walmart and the customer before me was being rude and abusive to a young female clerk at the counter. It was over some price glitch in merchandise. The clerk was so upset by the time she got to me. I think she was hoping all customers would drop through the floor.

I worked behind a counter once checking customers out. I know people can really be insensitive about things that just are not a clerks fault. So, I said to myself, “You can fix this.”

The previous customer had spilled something on the counter and the clerk had to clean it up.

The clerk snapped at me with a black look, “I have to clean this up.”

I replied, “Take your time. I have all day.”

She actually did a double take. All I could figure was a lot of customers had been over brisk with her. We lightly discussed how difficult a clerks job can be and how people are trying to get last minute things done that probably don’t matter anyway.

As we parted she said, Merry Christmas," with a smile on her face.

I replied, “Don’t forget tis the season to be Jolly.”

She laughed. I noticed as I walked away that she greeted the next customer with a smile and a cheerful greeting. Listen up people. Be nice to everyone. Even if you are having a bad day someone you meet may also be having a bad day. It has rewards you cannot imagine. Its a way to Pay it Forward.

© Copyright 2016 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/871380-Underdog