*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/871460-Information-Information-Information
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#871460 added January 22, 2016 at 11:36am
Restrictions: None
Information, Information, Information!
Fun Fact Friday!

On this day in 1984, Apple introduced the Macintosh during the third quarter of Super Bowl XVIII. Personal computers have revolutionized nearly every aspect of our lives...in what ways have they been most important to you?


*BookOpen* Owl with an attitude *BookStack*


"Let me count the ways" It is better than a stack of books. I find health problems defined. I use recipes for food. How to includes, crocheted scarfs and hats, dog coats, garden planting and lots more. I'm working to learn Spanish. Did you know you can take free online courses from very good colleges in business, chemistry, languages, etc.?

You can meet and talk to people from all over the world. You learn about their lifestyles, environments, and family.

I went on line for the first time in the year 2000 when I was in college. In a chat room I read about two people. One lived in the USA. The other lived in a European country. They had a habit of chatting with each other at a certain time of day. The one in Europe suffered a heart attack while he was preparing to write his chat. He managed to message the person in the USA who called the city overseas gave the location of his friend to the operator, who sent health workers to the residence and in the long run saved his friends life. They had only met in the chat room and only shared comments about their lives.

I was hooked on the internet for sure. Even though there were extreme cautions in the church and among friends about computers being from the devil, the end of the world was on its way, etc. An acquaintance even recommended a book she read about supercomputers that were taking over the world.

Sure there are people out there who are afraid of the information age. I say bring it on. The more we know the safer we are. The thing destroyers hit first are schools, libraries, books, and now the internet and personnel computers where people store information, photographs, and other living memorabilia.

Yes. I like personnel computers and the internet it expands out world.


© Copyright 2016 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/871460-Information-Information-Information