*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/871556-changes-at-my-job
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #388967
Daily notes and timed freewrites but mostly my blog
#871556 added January 23, 2016 at 5:32pm
Restrictions: None
changes at my job
The first week, going back on day shift and back to the molding section was difficult and I didn't handle the changes very well. The second week went better; I was able to control the difficulty of the time and job changes by controlling how I perceived my role. It seems that by the end of the second week, one of the truths and strategies of why I was placed back into a job I never wished to return to became evident. The molding section is going to have greater demands placed upon it this year and my skills of adaptation to the situation is needed to assist the department. Once I determined that I can successfully swallow (subdue) my ego and not take the overbearing lead with way too large an ego as a personal threat, my own self defensive posture disappeared.

The act of subduing one's ego isn't without personal cost, however. I was ill last Thursday, too ill to go to work. The headache, nausea and lower intestinal discomfort was purely stress induced, but one day home brought that under control. Next week promises to be a bit smoother.

© Copyright 2016 DyrHearte writes (UN: dyrhearte at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
DyrHearte writes has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/871556-changes-at-my-job