*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/872056-Fixing-Systems
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#872056 added January 29, 2016 at 2:22pm
Restrictions: None
Fixing Systems

Fun Fact Friday!

On this day in 1996, Garth Brooks refused to accept his American Music Award for Favorite Overall Artist, saying that Hootie And The Blowfish had done more for music that year than he did. Have you ever, or would you consider, turning down an award of any sort because you insisted someone else was more deserving?


Fairy playing a flute

*Angelic* *Cool*


Yes! Of course this is easy to say since I never had the opportunity. Well not exactly! One of my cousins gave me credit for something I thought she did. Together, We started a dinner for the homeless in town on Thanksgiving. Later someone wanted to know who had the idea first. We pointed at each other and said, "She did." *Rolling*

I watched those awards. I believe Brooks was upset because he had been winning so many awards and he did not want the limelight that year. He felt they should be spreading the awards around.

This year the Academy Awards are in hot water because they are not spreading awards around.

Is this not just the way award politics is handled. There are lots of instances where excellent movie makers in all phases of the industry go on making movies for years with out any particular acclaim. It is just the way it is until someone steps up to change the system. After while, even if the rules are changed it will sink back down into degradation until someone else notices and works to fix the system. Maybe we need an Academy of fixers for the systems. *Laugh*


© Copyright 2016 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/872056-Fixing-Systems