*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/871978-Go-Jump-a-Fence
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#871978 added January 28, 2016 at 2:58pm
Restrictions: None
Go Jump a Fence

Describe the last time you were moved to tears by something beautiful.


Group signature.


It was probably watching American Pharaoh win last years derby. So many people wanted the horse to win. Best of all the hose wanted to win.

Horses are athletes. The jockey on the track afterwards, while news media was interviewing him from the back of American Pharaoh made a point to try to impress the news person with Pharaoh's individual effort. Often the media gives the credit to the jockey and leaves the horse out as if it is just the jockey and trainer who worked. This pretty much shows the ignorance some people have about the horses who run these races.

The animal gets emotionally involved in the race. If they enjoy racing they look forward to it with excitement. If they don't enjoy their job they can be evil about the way they tell the trainers and riders their feelings. Horses are very intelligent and expressive as they accomplish what ever work they do. Many times, after they retire they are not as happy as when they are running a race or in training. Their attitude about their work can depend on who is handling their care.

What is that phrase? Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

© Copyright 2016 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/871978-Go-Jump-a-Fence