*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/872309-Lambada
Rated: GC · Book · Writing · #2027294
Created for the Soundtrackers Challenges
#872309 added February 1, 2016 at 10:55am
Restrictions: None
Lambada



At first I had to look to find a song that I know that was a One Hit Wonder. I mean, how many bands are there that had a single hit and were never heard from again?! Turns out a lot. There are actually at least a dozen which I remember very well.

I've completely forgotten this song! Hell, who wouldn't? I was barely nine when it came out. It was considered the music of the world. *Laugh* My parents did listen to everything outside the Bosnia realm but I was too young and didn't.

This song brings memories back. *Think* Right before winter break our class always had a party with food and drinks, music and dancing. I wasn't much of a dancer back then. My thing was singing. *Facepalm* We chose our own music for the party as well. God! I remember wearing some gaudy, sparkling leggings and a brownish type of tunic shirt. *Laugh* I can't believe I used to dress like that! It was the cool thing to wear.

Weird. Back then I was the shy, smart girl who hung out with the cool kids, yet always staying in the background. Things sure have changed. Or did they? *Think* There are still moments of shyness in my life and at times I prefer to be in the background. Never liked to be the center of attention. Guess, when you grow up and out of that teenage or junior stage, you don't care what anyone else thinks and you do your thing. So, yeah, I still sing and dance to songs of the past. No one can take that away.

~ Gaby *Witchhat*
Logo for Writing.Com Moderators - small.



© Copyright 2016 Gaby ~ Quiet contemplation (UN: geja8856 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Gaby ~ Quiet contemplation has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/872309-Lambada