*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/872523-Stars-and-a-New-Haircut
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1197218
Reflections and ruminations from a modern day Alice - Life is Wonderland
#872523 added February 3, 2016 at 11:53am
Restrictions: None
Stars and a New Haircut
Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise
Day 697 February 3, 2016
Prompt: A star has been named after you. What an honor! What is special about your star?


My star shines bright, brighter than the clouds that press it darkly from all sides. My star sits higher than the man-made marvels sitting boldly on the deforested hills. My star is luminescent, even as the harvest moon glows, my looming neighbor in the midnight sky. My star is fierce and dazzling, blazing a nearly timeless track through the heavens.

That's all I got! Interesting prompt though.


Blogging Circle of Friends "
DAY 1176: February 3, 2016
Prompt: What inspired you this week?


This week, as most weeks, my growing daughter has inspired me.

We made the leap from children's salon to my own this week. She received her first real haircut from my own stylist, something we both were a little apprehensive about. She wanted a substantial cut so I let her call the shots. She opted to have almost four inches taken off, three of which were necessary given the condition of her long locks. When she was done, I watched her gaze in wonder at her reflection. She turned side to side, admiring herself. She looked at me, her eyes full of wonder and said, "I look like a big girl now Mommy!", clearly very pleased and happy. Truth be told, the simple cut did change her somehow. She did look more grown up, less like a kindergartener and more like a second grader, standing before the mirror in her navy and white school uniform. My daughter was so proud, bouncing on her toes into the house to show her Dad her knew look. This morning, she donned the same uniform but took far more time picking her shoes and accessories. I watched her twisting and turning, flipping her fresh new waves, smiling at her reflection in the full length mirror. She was excited to show her friends. "They might not recognize me Mommy" she laughed, obviously delighted by the possibility. I'm happy that she feels so comfortable in her own skin, I'm happy that she sees the new haircut as another step in her journey in growing up. I don't believe she understands how unique and beautiful she is, but she likes what she sees in the mirror and that's good.


© Copyright 2016 MD Maurice (UN: maurice1054 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
MD Maurice has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/872523-Stars-and-a-New-Haircut