*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/873500-Bad-boys-and-Cover-ups
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1197218
Reflections and ruminations from a modern day Alice - Life is Wonderland
#873500 added February 12, 2016 at 1:36pm
Restrictions: None
Bad boys and Cover-ups
It has been a long, tough week and I have watched the prompts go by with dismay because I've not been able to write..at all. On the eve of a much deserved weekend, I'm taking a few moments to put in some time with my electronic ink.

Blogging Circle of Friends
DAY 1184 February 12, 2016
Prompt: It's said that the cover-up is worse than the crime. Do you agree or disagree?


I can attest that when my siblings and I were growing up, covering for one of them was defined as an equally punishable offense as whatever wrong had been done. In the eyes of my parents, the cover-up was as bad as the crime. Even so, this did not brand us into tattle tails. I clearly remember many occasions when my sister and I would sit silent or fain ignorance when my parents discovered something my brother had done. My father once peeled a strip of masking tape from a window pane and discovered a bb-sized hole underneath. My sister and I had been called to 'testify" and through some unspoken code of sibling honor, we disavowed any knowledge of how it had come to be there.


Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise
DAY 706 February 12, 2016
Have you ever gotten involved with someone you shouldn't have had a relationship with?


I actually laughed out loud when I read this prompt. This sentence describes nearly 95% of all my relationships for one reason or another. I have not had the best track record when it comes to love and relationships - my current husband excluded of course! The reasons why I should have been in relationships in my life runs the gambit from too old, too dangerously rebellious, too controlling, too addicted. I like to think that each bad relationship led me to a better understanding of self and that all the scars were worth the knowledge gained. In the very least, all the bad I've experienced has led me to find sincere appreciation in all the ways my husband is good and worthy. That's something to be thankful for.

© Copyright 2016 MD Maurice (UN: maurice1054 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
MD Maurice has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/873500-Bad-boys-and-Cover-ups