*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/872731-Speak-up
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#872731 added February 5, 2016 at 12:55pm
Restrictions: None
Speak up!
And the prompt is: I found this random fact "95% of people text things they could never say in person."
I don't buy into this, what about you? Do you text things you could never say in person? Or do you send them a letter or an email? Or call them on the phone? How do you handle? awkward conversations. Don't forget it is super Friday and the fee for the day is 5000gps.


Manx Cat from Japan


Do you text things you could never say in person? Never! For one thing I only use the text to communicate quick facts. Such as ; Dinner is in 30 minutes. Or, my Doctors appointment is scheduled for ?? Or, Can you bring home milk?

Or do you send them a letter or an email? I do send letters to my Grandchildren some times. The last one was in a bulky orange envelope. It was filled with coloring pages and markers. Even though I sent it first class the postal worker at the counter asked me what was in it? I never figured that one out.

Or call them on the phone? Some conversations have to be handled on the phone. In the winter I’m not fond of long drives to New York to talk to my daughter. So we call and talk for a couple hours at a time. It breaks up the monotony of the weather and being shut into one house for both of us. This also brings both of us up to speed on what is happening in each others household. My son and I can also talk on the phone about family outings or dinners.

How do you handle? Awkward conversations. I don’t have very many of those. I like conversation. It is face to face and you seem to get better communication that way. This is a small town type area and you can never tell whether any thing you hear about someone is true or not without talking to them face to face. People are rarely as described by a third party. Face to face helps you evaluate sincerity. Gossip puts people on the spot.

Just a what if? What if you walk into a room and the whole room goes quiet. You are the only one who does not know what the conversation was about as you walked into the room. Do you speak up and ask why every eye is looking at you or do you just say hi and move into the room, as if it did not happen? There are a lot of people around here who are not a part of society. They have learned to stay at home and not get involved in what ever the social scene has to offer. I had at least 3 mental burn outs from trying to understand the social protocol. Now, I have matured enough to watch the world sail by without comment. Or, if I can I insert the voice of reason.

In a class on social Journalism a teacher expressed his beliefs that the internet was bad for people because it gives people a chance to edit their conversations and not have to face people when they express ideas. I don’t agree. But I think people miss something without face to face talks and visits within their own realm.

You have to realize in a blog like this that you will get age related answers. Because, young people use their texting more often. Their texts probably hold more emotion than and older persons would. They might avoid violence in their societies by texting their feelings?

© Copyright 2016 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/872731-Speak-up