*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/872622-Jobs-and-Management
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#872622 added February 4, 2016 at 1:27pm
Restrictions: None
Jobs and Management
Prompt : Your boss has to fire half of your team. Why should he/she keep you? Why should he/she fire you? Have you ever volunteered to take a lay-off so one of your co-workers does not lose their job?

*BookStack* Get Training before the job *Reading*




Some of the reasons people get fired:

1. The boss wants your job for a relative or friend.
2. You are regularly involved in office gossip.
3. You are involved in sexual harassment of other employees.
4. You bitch about the boss or the job and management finds out about it.
5. You drink on the job or use drugs or alcohol just before you arrive at work.
6. You refuse to follow work related orders.
7. You breach company polices.
8. You lie on a job application.
9. You have poor job performance. Don’t show up on time or at all for scheduled work.
10. You bring personal problems to work.

The 10 above is a few of the reasons I found during research for this writing.

While researching a paper for a class in college sometime between 1999 and 2005; I read that a lot of the managers in companies were bullies when they were in High School. Since many companies now hire psychologists to advise them. Aggressive people are considered desirable in some types of managerial positions. Therefore, it is a possibility that the bully is hired as a manager.

In the position stated within the prompt; I tried to look at the possibilities.

If he is a fair and just boss he will look at work records. He or She will take into consideration job production, the way the employee gets along with others on the job, how the employee follows orders, whether you take on overtime and are generally needed to further the business of the company.

If the manager or boss is a social rip off there may be problems at work that you have absolutely no control over. The manager may have a pet that will stay no matter what. Even being friends with the bosses pet may mean trouble for you. (how honest are you? Will you do anything to someone else on the managers say so to keep your job?) Managers sometimes pit people against each other if you can’t deal with them in a straight forward way you will be dumped.

Never show a negative attitude, always be helpful, don’t hide to avoid work and stay out of office politics.

Have you ever volunteered to take a lay-off so one of your co-workers does not lose their job?

No. I was never in a position to do anything like this in any job I ever held. People in a shop my husband worked for were asked to do this, I cannot tell details because I don’t know details. Anything I could say would be a guess and I can’t tell how accurate my guess is without facts from other sources which I don’t have. I believe my family suffered socially and financially because of this type of politics but I can’t prove it. In this area people are being laid off at Christmas often without warning. (I am irritated by this because it is social and happened to my family over the years)

I could not get a job after college. I blamed my age. Recently, I watched a Public Broadcasting Network story that said women over 50 are the least likely to be hired in the USA. I believe that companies would rather hire young people because they don’t have life experience, are easily manipulated and don’t know what their personal work rights are inside the work market.

In one place I worked the manager would go around with applications and ask, “Do you know this person? Should I hire them? This placed a lopsided amount of people’s friends in the work place and a lot of social problems were caused.

Another problem over the years was; the government was paying out money to companies who did a certain amount of hiring so the company would hire people, train them, keep them long enough to collect the government money then lay them off. Usually the employee was not on the job long enough to gain unemployment.

Company politics is run by the established management look at the reputation of the company before you get hired sometimes it helps.

Fairy playing a flute















apondia#1781748



















apondia#1781748






© Copyright 2016 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/872622-Jobs-and-Management