*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
4
6
10
11
12
13
14
17
18
19
20
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/872935-S-e-x
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#872935 added February 7, 2016 at 5:52pm
Restrictions: None
S-e-x
PROMPT: "Sex almost always disappoints me in novels. Everything can be said or done now, and that's what I find... a feeling of generality or dispersal. In my opinion, true sex is so particular or peculiar that it is yearned for. I believe that is what makes the desire between two people so unique and specific." Elizabeth Benedict Do you agree or disagree with this? Do you write about sex in your own writing pieces? Does your own experience come to life on the page or do you find yourself following what others have done?
         Hmm, is this not the subject of therapy sessions? Dysfunction, dissatisfaction, disillusionment? What is this fascination with the act of 'doing it'? Is it not song lyrics that claim everyone is doin' it? I think birds and bees were mentioned, too. Yes, sex makes the world go round, and it can rock someone's world, and the earth can move, and, oh yes, fireworks may erupt, among other things.
         I'm not a fan of sex in books or movies. I see it as gratuitous; a " let's throw a bit of skin action in here" hype to sell novels and tickets. Usually, there's far more female nudity and that is directed to a very specific audience, too. Can there not be plot progression without sex? How ridiculous that the hero of a tale, wounded, and chased by heavily armed assassins, hops onto a speeding freight train, and makes the time to copulate with a desperate female also fleeing the same assassins. Really? In what universe? This was actually the sub plot of a movie. This is supposed to be an example of flee-for-your-life? Heavy gunfire, frantic running, perspiration, lack of oxygen, fear, and a bleeding gun wound are aphrodisiacs?
         Obviously, some purveyors of film and novels find sex titillating. They also seem to use that word 'tit'. I see this as a form of voyeurism. There are only so many words to describe 'thrusting', or 'manhood', or 'heaving bosom'. Euphemisms abound.
         So no, I do not write about sex. I do it, family members do it, friends do it, neighbours do it; so what? It's private like my conversations; no one else is privy to a blow-by-blow.
          I believe sex is unique and peculiar to the people practising it; it's not for sharing. As you can ascertain, I'm not a fan of romance novels or films.

© Copyright 2016 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/872935-S-e-x