*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/873013-Standing-On-The-Corner
Rated: GC · Book · Personal · #2072393
The catch-all for items related to and/or inspired by the music that shaped me.
#873013 added February 8, 2016 at 3:38pm
Restrictions: None
Standing On The Corner
** Image ID #2070351 Unavailable **
This week's theme: Guilty Pleasures


Just when I think we were all starting to tire a bit from the One Hit Wonders, this week in "The Soundtrack of Your Life we get to talk about what is arguably one step up from the 1HW: the Guilty Pleasure *Laugh*. And I think there are a couple of ways this can be approached:

*Bullet* It's something you generally listen to in private...no one would ever imagine you're in to something like it. (The problem with that theory is that I've done so many Soundtrackers activities and have shared hundreds of videos in all types of blog entries, so my music library is literally an open book now *Laugh*.)

*Bullet* The biggest different between a One Hit Wonder and a Guilty Pleasure? The artist associated with the Guilty Pleasure doesn't just have to be one-and-done. It could be a multi-platinum, world renowned megastar who has been around for five decades and has more #1s than the unabridged history of every Veterans' Day ever.

*Bullet* I think I asked something similar once in a "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS prompt over the summer about "guilty pleasures", and received some interesting responses. One that really stuck with me is that there are no such things as "guilty pleasures"...I listen to what I listen to and I'm not ashamed at all because of it. Word.

And that third point is the one I'm probably stickin' with the most throughout this week. These are my songs, right? And IDGAF. Besides, we're all friends here  . I know you won't judge me (too harshly *Smirk2*).

So, ok then. I'm gonna piggyback on ♥Hooves♥ 's entry from earlier today, "Soundtrackers Day 8 - Dean Martin. She went with a Dean Martin song, and perhaps some of you may not be aware that I am a fan of The Rat Pack in general (Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Sammy Davis Jr., et al.). I last wrote about Martin in October's "Resurrection Jukebox ("This one's about the Rez Juke catch-up (9 of 9).), and I'm sure I've mentioned him once or twice before, but today I'm goin' with what is probably my all-time Rat Pack favorite.

And the funny thing about this is I don't have a good story associated with it. I just like the song. If that makes me guilty of anything, then I don't wanna be innocent. *Ha*


"Brother you don't know a nicer occupation...
matter of fact, neither do I."
Lyrics.  


"Weapon Of Choice".
Unrelated, Shameless Plug Time!


Speaking of the "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS, today is the first drawing in "The 30DBC Mega-Raffle Extravaganza! (benefiting the "30-Day Bloggers Group)...the package today includes a slew of Merit Badges and other assorted goodies, and tickets are super cheap compared to everything you could possibly win! And take a look at the other packages up for grabs later this month...reviews, awardicons, MBs, and upgrades! It's silly how easy it is to be a mega-winner!! Today's draw will happen at around 8pm WDC time, so go on and get some tickets for you and your friends soon! *Bigsmile*

 
FORUM
The 30DBC Mega-Raffle Extravaganza!  (E)
A weekly raffle every weekend in February to benefit the 30-Day Bloggers Group.
#2073770 by Fivesixer


Ok...time to concentrate on the poem for "Give It 100! (for once I kinda already have an idea that's more than just a couple random lines scrawled out *Laugh*)- that'll show up later today in "100...and then I got a review request (?? *Confused*) for the final chapter of what appears to be a memoir (*Confused* *Confused*)...I haven't read any of the other chapters, so I guess I'll know how it turns out before I know anything else, and that should save me a whole lotta time *Ha*. Anything to keep me off the corner, I guess...*Rolleyes* *Laugh*.


© Copyright 2016 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/873013-Standing-On-The-Corner