*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
4
6
10
11
12
13
14
17
18
19
20
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/873141-Leap-Of-Faith
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#873141 added February 9, 2016 at 9:12pm
Restrictions: None
Leap Of Faith
PROMPT:Is it harder to wait around for something you know might never happen, or harder to give up when you know it's everything you want? Share an experience with us and what made you choose the direction you did, and why.
         Maybe I've been blessed, no, make that I know I've been blessed because I don't recall having to make really tough, life or death decisions. I'm not saying I haven't experienced heartache or disappointment or tragedy. My life has been progressing steadily, and I roll with it.
         I imagine it would be more difficult and perhaps gut-wrenching to abandon a dream. Most people are optimistic, and they survive by hoping; the give-it-one-more-day-things-will-get better approach. Parents tend to be this way. They invest so much in their offspring with no guarantees. Parenthood is the ultimate leap of faith.
         I don't believe most people give up willingly. We aren't quitters. We persevere, we struggle, we try and try again.
         Many years ago, I made a big leap of faith and a lifestyle choice. I married at the age of nineteen, while I was a university student. My hubby and I had only known each other for a year, and to many we seemed mismatched, doomed to failure. He was also nineteen and had recently stopped competing as a figure skater. We set forth with little more than optimism and a desire to be together.          
Our first of three children was born a few months shy of my twenty-first birthday, and she was a planned child. I willingly ceased my studies and became a fulltime stay-at-home mother. In the ensuing years, I was the neighbourhood babysitter, a Girl Guide leader, Scout volunteer, t-ball coach, school supporter, and fall fair official. I enjoyed my whirlwind life; I'd describe myself as fulfilled. In time, I earned two college degrees, too. I returned to the workplace. I have never regretted my choices.
         As I wrote, I've been blessed; blessed with a wonderful spouse. Through a few moves and job changes, we've been married for close to thirty-eight years. My husband was well worth that long ago leap of faith.

© Copyright 2016 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/873141-Leap-Of-Faith