*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/873333-Cherry-Pie
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(119)
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1399999
My primary Writing.com blog.
#873333 added February 12, 2016 at 2:43am
Restrictions: None
Cherry Pie

** Image ID #2070351 Unavailable **



Song: "Cherry Pie"
Artist: Warrant
Album: Cherry Pie


Today's guilty pleasure selection also qualifies as a one-hit wonder. "Cherry Pie" by Warrant was a Top 10 hit on the Billboard Hot 100, and listed as VH1's 56th best hard rock song of all time. The song was reportedly written in fifteen minutes on the back of a pizza box, and put on the album at the urging of the label rather than the band.

Many of the band members feel that the song is not one of their better songs, but are now faced with the reality that, regardless of their personal feelings, the song ended up being their biggest and pretty much only hit. After this album, Warrant hasn't had a song place higher than a brief stint at No. 83 on the Billboard Hot 100, and hasn't had an album even reach the Billboard charts since 1992's gold-certified Dog Eat Dog. The band is still together today, albeit having gone through some lineup changes (most notably resulting from former lead-singer Jani Lane's death in 2011 from alcohol poisoning). The band toured with Firehouse and Trixter in 2012 to celebrate the twenty-first anniversary of this song's release.

I haven't listened in years, but the Kevin and Bean morning show on LA's KROQ radio station used to make frequent reference to this song as the perfect song selection for a stripper. I have to admit, I don't think they're wrong... it's totally a great stripper song. Late 80s/early 90s glam rock was a fun period of music history, and Warrant certainly made their mark with this catchy and energetic song. I listen to this song frequently; at least a couple of times a year I'll add it to an iTunes playlist and sing along on the drive to work for a couple weeks.




© Copyright 2016 Jaeff | KBtW of the Free Folk (UN: jeff at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jaeff | KBtW of the Free Folk has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/873333-Cherry-Pie